Monday, June 06, 2005

Much needed day off was good!

June 6th, 2005
This past week at work was very irritating, i was grumpy and it was busy, not a good combo. Sunday was especially bad. I thought i was going to blow up at someone, but i controled myself and made it home. I was actually supposed to do inventory with Carolyn and Stephanie today. But when Carolyn came in to work yesterday I asked her if she was okay and available to change it until Tuesday, she agreed. I was just a little wary that if i went in to work today and saw some certin people in charge there that i might say something that i shouldn't, so i took myself out of the situation before it could happen. Otherwise things are fan-tab-u-lous!
Jason and I had the day off together today. We got a few errands ran this morning and I finally dropped the give away stuff off at value village that has been in my trunk for a MONTH! That feels good!! After that we got coffee at the Lake Forrest Park Rooster Coffee and headed to the Fish Store on Roosevelt. There we purchased a few new pets for my fish tank. I got 3 black emporer tetras. They are so pretty, they have a long fin in the back that sort of looks like a skirt tetra, but it's slightly shorter. They are black in color but it fades from the darkest point at their mid-section to a pale grey to the top fins. When they are stationary their heads sort of point downwards, which is a little funny looking, but they are very beautiful little fish. We also got a better light for my tank. Jason says it's nuch better for the plants and it does look more like natural light, which i think makes the cardinal tetras look more brillant. I'm also happy to report that my yoyo loach is pleasently plump on all of the snails that came in on the plants that i got from petco awhile back. It's comical when the loach swims around because he's like a pregnant lady waddling (sp?)!
We are also finally getting all of the empty boxes and give away stuff in the appropriate places (trash, recycle, charity stores...) After Mom and Dad delivered my dresser on Saturday (THANKS AGAIN!) I got inspired and did my laundry! Then on Sunday in trying to cure my bad mood, I unpacked and cleaned my little lillipution room upstairs. I have gotten all but 3 boxed completly unpacked. The ones unpacked i'm not sure if i will unpack them as they are my little knicknacks that can stay packed until the next place we move into I think. It's so amazing how much more space there seems to be in there now that it isn't all boxes and "stuff". I have also inspired Jason to hook up his computer! I put it all on the desk in a way that looked like it was operational, then he came upstairs and said in a very excited voice "you set it up?!" but I said "nope, honey, I'm gonna let you do that, especailly since there is only one outlet in this room and it's WAY over there" :) of course I ended in a BIG smile. So this morning he got most everything in working order and ready for his gaming. We even have a wireless internet thingy that Nick bought but doesn't need.
After we both worked on our tanks and got junk dealt with, we settled down and watched game seven of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals, Detriot vs Miami. It was a pretty close game throughout. At halftime Jody and Jason went and got dinner at the little terriaki place down the street while i proptly fell asleep and didn't wake up until the start of the 4th quarter when the boys returned. We ate and watched the very close playoff game come to a dramatic finish with the defending champion Pistons coming out on top by 4 points. I wanted to see Shaq in the finals while Kobe was sitting at home crying in his beer, but it didn't happen and now the San Antionio Spurs will face the Pistons of Detroit in a pretty good match-up. THEN, finally the NBA playoffs (which are entirely way tooooooooooo long) will be over! We can finally focus on the important sport BASEBALL!

With LOVE, Anne

1 comment:

Valorie said...

Sorry, you had a bad Sunday, but good to hear about your Monday! Yeah for the lilliputian room!

Love ya lots,

Mom