Thursday, June 23, 2005


I'm hurting a little bit right now... and it's not so much the arthritis... Sunday, Fathers' Day Sunday mind you, I happened to come home from work and see what a beautiful day it was outside and take advantage of it. So I set up one of the chairs on the deck, got a refreshing beverage and listened to the baseball game on the radio. My plan WAS to get a little sun and listen to the game then head down to my parents house to hang out with Dad. Unforchantly..... the plan didn't quite work out that way.... The refreshing beverage i grabbed was a beer and I had an empty stomach. So when I drank it, I got drunk... So now that I'm a responsible adult and knew I couldn't possibly drive an hour while intoxicated, I called my Dad and told him my situation and hoped that he would be understanding. He was. And so I made an alternative plan to come out bearing a gift the next day when I was sober and a good daughter again. You see I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world having a Dad that thinks it's ok that I mess up sometimes. Anyways, he told me to have another beer for him, and now being drunk and admitting to my Daddy that I'm a mess up, I did proceed to have another beer, and another and another... AND! not just the weenie 12 ounce beers most people drink, I was drinking the 16 ouncers! So long story short... 4 pints of beer, empty stomach, sunshine, baseball, sleepy.... SUNBURN! I ended up falling asleep after calling my dad, my best bud Nickki and my wonderful boyfriend Jason. I woke up when the sun had traveled away from the deck and I was stiff from the strange postion I passed out in. A little disotented and in a little pain I finally made my way back into the house and ate the lunch I hadn't eaten from work and promtly fell back asleep upstairs in my bed. I woke up about 4 hours later with my skin very tight and painful! Jason called when he got off work about 5 minutes later and I was a little confused and maybe a little drunk still. The worst part of it all is I have no one to blame but myself. For two days I had to wear the top that I was wearing when I got burnt so the lines didn't hurt so bad, and by Wednesday I could wear a sleeveless shirt. However today I went to the baseball game as a fan with my mom and we had awesome seats in left field in the sun all game long. Normally I would be so happy with that situation, but today the best I could I tried to keep my chest covered where I'm still red and starting to peel. But I could do nothing about being hot. Now I have these tiny little bubbles on my burn. I think they are heat blisters or something. Mom and I put aloe on it as soon as we got to my house and I found some vitamin E and have that on too now. As long as I don't move I'm ok, but goodness I wish I could go topless for a little while. I'll take my mom's advice and keep hydrated and keep appling the aloe and E. Oh well, game 7 of the NBA finals is about to start, so I gotta go!

With all my BURNING love,


Valorie Zimmerman said...

After a week, how are you doing with that burn, darling?

Annie said...

It's doing much much better. Today is the first day I haven't had to have Vit E with a bandage or bandaid since it happened. I actually welcomed the sun on my left arm out the car window today on my ride home from work today!