Friday, May 06, 2005

Less stress and feeling good

MAY 5, 2005 --- 05.05.05

I had my employee preformance review today and it went well. I stated my case for a increase in pay and I don't think I'll end up being offered what I deserve and I'll have to decide how I want to go about that when we get there. I have a feeling that it will be a while unitl she gets back to me on the next step of the review process. Especially since I was so eager to get the review done this time. I'm going to be taking on looking after the retail side of things for awhile and see how that goes. It seemed like we talked about a lot of things and I suppose we did meet for about 45 minutes. All of the "areas with room for growth" were pathetic. She searched for three things to gripe me on and I had very good responses to all and made them pretty much non-issues. One of them had to do with focusing light bulbs... another was about my "flappy jeans" with I haven't worn in 2 years!!! oh, the shirts I wear also show too much skin... com'on they are sleeveless, not low cut at the neck and high at the waist. Anyway, i was very calm and collected, I had told myself before I met with her that no matter what my downfalls on her point of view of me were, that I would take them into consideration and not get defensive and talk too loudly, which I seem to do when i get all excited about something. Overall though there were way more attributes that room for growth topics. And on another note she seemed to get defensive when I mentioned the fact that I have worked for her and Ron for the past 8 years filling in when they needed someone and I was in state. I also mentioned that I was good at what I do and I like what I do. I think as a whole I stated a good case. But as I said, we'll find out in a few weeks when she gets back to me. I'm just glad it's over for another six months! Less stress for my poor little head should make the body feel better.
I didn't have a nap today for the 4th or 5th consecutive day. I was tired tonight when I got home, but I didn't wan't to fall asleep since it was already so late in the evening. So I watched the Rockets beat the Mavricks from the start of the 2nd half. Mavs didn't do poo poo in the 4th quarter, it was sad to watch them shoot and miss nearly every shot from the 8 minutes mark to the end of the game. Houston also went on a 18-0 run at one point. Anyway, after that I got some ironing done that has been piling up from work. After an hour of that I got sick of it and stopped for the night. Now I'm just sitting in bed testing the new wireless card from the attic bedroom. So far so good!
Today is Nickki's 25th birthday and it's also 05-05-05. She called me this morning to let me know that Sarah and family will be leaving WA as of tomorrow I believe. I didn't get to see her and meet Ethan. I tried to call Nickki tonight on my way home when I was in stop and go traffic on the 520 bridge, but she was up at the cabin with Sarah. I tried the cabin, but it was busy. I'll have to call her tomorrow to see how the entire visit with Ray went and how 05-05-05 was for a 25th birthday.
That's all my wrist can handle for now, even though it is feeling better i just can't over-do it until these bones are fully fused together.

No comments: