Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Good news of the health front!

May 31st, 2005
I saw Dr. Hori again today for another checkup on the infection, and it seems that I'm stable on the Zyvox and my blood work looks good. He also gave me the go ahead to start the Humira again! Which is what I have been waiting for! It seems like such a long time ago that I was on a routine with all my meds and such. I wrote in an e-mail to my mom today that I feel like a regular arthritis patient again, almost :)
I have to see Dr. Barthell to get x-rays and have her look at my surgery site to make sure it looks okay to her. But it seems like I'm almost back to normal and I HOPE that once I'm on the Humira again that I will be able to taper the prednisone and start getting back to a more normal weight and lose these HUGE cheeks that I've grown over the past 17 months!!! It's going to be a good summer, I'm going to be able to work Mariner games and work full time at the Herbfarm and start making some money to have some FUN!!!
I'm working at Safeco tonight at the Mariners vs Blue Jays tonight. The Mariners have won 3 in a row and seem to be playing a little more relaxed baseball, which is so NICE to see. The games that we've been winning have been close, the past two have been by 1 run, but we've held on and had some great defensive plays behind the pitching to save the games. Bringing back Pat Borders, I think, was brilliant. Especially since Dan Wilson will be out for at least a year, if not retiring from baseball all together. Yesterday Meguel Olivo was sent down to AAA to work on his offense I'm guessing since he was hitting only .150. But the pitchers are reacting so well to Borders behind the plate. I think because he's worked with Moyer and Sele before and they trust him and his calling of the pitches. Not that Olivo is a bad at calling the game, but he isn't a seasoned vet of the game and I just don't think there is the trust that there is with Borders. In last nights game the announcers said that the battery of Moyer and Borders was the oldest in MLB history with Borders being 42 years old and Moyer at 41 or 42 (I don't remember exactly) But my goodness, that is funny! The offense is picking up as well, which is good to see. Sexson belted another homer yesterday and Jeremy Reed was the hero of the past few games with crutial hits and RBI. He also got his first ML homerun in Tampa Bay on Saturday! So congrats to Mr. Reed! Anyways, I think I should get my things ready and head down to the ballpark. I believe that we are going up against one of the best pitchers in the league tonight in Roy Halliday. Good luck Mariners :)

with love, Anne

1 comment:

Valorie said...

Wow, baby, I had lost your URL. You have done a lot here in your blog! I'm sorry you were so down last month. I feel like I haven't been there for you.

:(

Hope to see you this weekend,

Your loving

Mom