Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 14th, 2005

I worked the Mariners game last night with Stuart as the spotter. We were playing the World Champion Boston Red Sox, and actually won! I don't know if it was a Friday the 13th happening or what. But it was one of the funnest games I have been to in quite a long time. It was good to see the M's score some runs and get rallies going in more than one inning.(Seattle 14, Boston 7) Working the game last night made for a long day since I had to set The Herbfarm in the AM and try to be done by a reasonable hour so I don't get caught in too much traffic. However, we at the Herbfarm were a little bit full, cramming 6 additional people in the main dining room for a total of 71. Poor servers... Anyways, I got out of Woodinville by about 4 and was a the safe by the time they opened the gates for ticketholders. I was so hungry when I got there so I went to the cafateria and got a salad and a turkey on rye. It was so good, but I ate so much I didn't eat for the rest of the day. Seems like that has been the way it's been the past few days. I won't eat breakfast, then I'll have one large meal and not eat for the rest of the day. Which is cool with me, but I don't know how healthy it is. But the game was very cool. Sexson and Ibanez hit back to back homeruns and Beltre hit his first Safeco Field homerun that went 440 feet to center field. It wasCRUSHED! and to top off the entire night, when Stuart and I were going down the elevator to get to field level who walks on the elevator? Dave Niehaus and Ron Fairly! I was a little shy, but we made a little small talk about the game and all the runs scored. I got the feeling they didn't appreciate how long the game took and the poor pitching on both sides, but I thought it was good to have a good run output in front of the home town fans especially against the world champions! An update on the Mariners for tonight was a 6-3 loss to the same Red Sox. The series is tied with one game apiece with the rubbergame tomorrow afternoon. The Sonics are also in town playing game 4 at the Key versus the Spurs at 4 pm, I think it should be a heated game, lots of emotion. Game 3 was very aggressive, should be a good one!

I'm going to turn in my review tomorrow. I got a raise, but i have to say I was a bit surprised at the raise. Disappointed really. But I asked Jason to read the review paper carrie gave me after we met, and I think that he had some good points and was honest with me. I hadn't seen that point of view, and I suppose I didn't want to. But now it just makes me want to work harder the next six months to show her and the rest of my co-workers how good I am at my job and how much ICAN help out now that I have a much better use of my hand. But it also pisses me off that my hand is what is being held against me. I know I had to miss time off, but I did my best to find a good person to cover and train them. I wrote a detailed procedure and even came back to work WAY too early from the wrist fusion surgery. Now that I'm writing this I want to talk to her and tell her she has a few good points, but I feel that she's holding my disability against me when it hasn't. If anything I've become a more valuable employee and should be rewarded. I also feel slightly hurt that I'm her niece and I get no accnoligment for sticking with the company for so many years and doing all I can to help this restaurant be the best it can. Now I'm pissed off. This afternoon I was feeling selfish for even thinking that I wanted a raise or better benefits! Oh well, I'm going to sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning...

Jason is working late cleaning fava beans for the Taste of the Nation event that many of the fine dining restaurants are participating in. The Herbfarm included. But that means that I don't get to hang out with him. It's so funny, since we moved in together we see less of eachother and have less hang time together. I guess it's been a few weeks and we've both had weird schedules. I think he has tomorrow off, so i'll try to get off at a reasonable time to hang and watch some sporting events with my honey :) On that note, I must go pee and get to sleep!

ANNE

No comments: