Thursday, July 21, 2005

Uh-Oh!

Very Frustrating!!!
I have to say this is one of the more frustrating days in quite a while for me. Yesterday at about 5 or 6 pm my right hand started hurting and by the time I went to pick up Jason from work I could barely lift my hand. As of now it does feel better than it did last night. I was one handed at work today with was extreamly frustrating. I got so used to having two usable hands again. Good luck for me though I had a helper that was willing to be a gentleman and do all of the things that really use two hands. Thanks Gary.

I called my doc when I was at work before it was the end of their work day and asked what I should do and Kari asked a few questions and told me I had to come in Thursday. She didn't tell me what it could be, just said "crap, we gotta see ya." I'm guessing at this point that it is a tendon that has snapped that was thin already. But in my little life I get all kinds of ideas in my head that make sense until someone that actually knows what they are talking about looks and tells me something new. Last night when I was hurting Jason suggested that we just amputate. I'm begining to think that it might not be such a bad thing, I would be a lot more predictable with my health. Maybe I could even get a fake hand like Munson in KingPin!

This also comes on the day when I was looking at my prednisone history and decided that I needed to drop another mg down, so down to 18. And the strange thing about this latest episode is that I'm not grossly swollen, it just hurts. When I told Kari that it wasn't swollen and it was my surgical wrist and what level of prednisone I was at, that's when she said crap. I don't know what it means, I just want to get better so I can be the Anne that I used to be. I don't want another stumbling block, I just want to get stronger! I was just getting to the point at work that I was carrying the glasses back out to the tables for the walking, which was so good! I had basically eliminated the need for the cart! I was doing so well.......

I really shouldn't be so negitive, I don't know what it is. All I know is that the pain meds I have aren't doing anything, and it's hurty. I should wait until tomorrow until I make judgment on what it is. Ya wanna know why? Cause today I found out that I wear a "happy filter"! let me elaborate further...

At work today was a team building all employee meeting. I'm the abnoxious person at the meetings. Very talkitive at these things to get people loosened up and get them talking. Anyway, by seeing this, the guy who was our teambuilder said that I'm a persone with a "happy filter" I find the good in things or the positive things and try to make others happy. Jason is also one of these people. I was very interested in this point of view. Not that I was completely surprised, but I thought that I was a more negitive person at work. But from listening to the guy, it makes sense and I agree. I was very surprised to hear that we are very average as team workers, and talking to Scott (the T.B. that was working with us) he said there are things that could change and should so we could be a better team, and so I suggested that we all knew what it was and it was a little odd how the person that organizes these team building events is usually the one who is the least team-player/team-building in attitude. He said he agreed. So if we know what the problem is or the weak link, how do we fix it? well.... another frustrating point in my day, Scott had to leave when I got to that realization. So he didn't elaborate so much, except that he said that things won't change unless people change their habits... Well, I can tell ya that dude, we don't need to stand in a corner and learn what one another does and how long they have worked there if the people who run the day to day operations doesn't change. Oh well, same shit, different day. I did impress people with knowing just about all of the birthdays in the circle. I think there were about 28-30 people there and I know just about all of the birthdays. The new guy I didn't, and I studdered on Sally's birthday, which is Dec 14. And Julies, which is Oct 5. now I know! I like that I have a "thing" At dinner after the meeting a few different people came up and said they were impressed and asked how I did it. Some people just have their thing and that happens to be mine.

Ok, Jason just got home from work, so i gotta go. hope all goes well tomorrow at the doctor. I'll update when I find out more.


Anne

1 comment:

Valorie said...

I didn't know that the team-building guy agreed with you about the way Ron and Carrie run the business. Is he gonna discuss this with them?

It was so GREAT to see you last night! Such a delightful surprise to see you walk in the door. Hope to see you this weekend?

Love ya,

Mom